19 June 2011

Getting Started

Our apartment is a crazy mess right now.

Somehow, packing for a 17-day trip to Africa means turning the whole house upside down, tracking down work gloves and flashlights, travel-size shampoo containers and extra shoes, water bottles and duct tape. I have my big bag mostly packed, and a backpack ready to be stuffed with everything I might want during two eight-hour flights (one from Chicago to Amsterdam, one from Amsterdam to Kilimanjaro).

Yes, crunch time has arrived. I have three days left after today to cross as much off of my work to-do list as possible, to finish packing, to restore some semblance of order to our home, and to finish packing so that I can ship myself across the ocean on Thursday.

This trip that has seemed so far off is now so very near. I've been wanting to travel to Tanzania for close to ten years now, and I'm now only three days away. This is going to be huge. And life-changing. And I can't wait!

Peace,
Melissa

1 comment:

  1. We're so excited about your trip and will love reading any updates you're able to post! Have a wonderful time, everyone!

    ReplyDelete